The song played well above the permitted limits. The bass heavy notes knocked on the ear drums as the drum sticks would on the leather stretched indie drum. Each connects had a charming effect on the individuals. A beat there would make him tilt his head, and shift her hips. It was like watching a horse race, but with the horses of equal vigor. The lights shone different tones. The vibrant red made them crazier, and the subtle violet would calm then, turning their unruly tramp to a steady waltz. Girls were all soaked in the sweat of their excitement and men were drunk in their wildness. There was this one girl that I was observing. She was with somebody. A friend, an acquaintance, a stranger, lover or husband, I cared not. There is this place where you could perhaps feel free to do anything, or think anything, about anyone. Human thought is a bitch once you are under it. But for now, I was enjoying it. I placed the glass of the finest wine I could have afforded where it did not belong…on the table. I sat back and took a deep breath. The air was heavy with numerous things…the sound, the unnatural humidity, the entire dance and above all, the smokes. The whirls of smoke threatened my virgin lungs. But after all, I was in a bar, with my own will. It demanded a certain level of resistance, and of course, I had to bend on my resilience to passive smoking, which I had endured all my life. There was a smile in her face that lightened up my heart. I could already feel the butterfly of excitement fluttering its tiny wings under my belly. I looked at myself. Middle aged, fresh from work, all suited up, married and growing stubble. I looked at her. Probably in her mid twenties, a regular to the place, serene beauty and probably seeing someone. A smile ignited the sleeping lighter side of me. Yeah, I was all she wanted. I rose up. The stride was evenly spaced as I exited the room full of smoke, alcohol, dance, everything happy, and smiled at fate. He could not have been more overlooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment